"Unless the Lord builds the house they labour in vain who build it…"
"Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb is a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior, so are the children of one’s youth…"
To point God’s children towards Jesus, equipping them to engage with God, His people and His world.
We will see…
C – changed lives – children knowing that they are God’s good idea and responding to the gospel message (Engaging with God).
O – outreach- empowered children going into the world, pointing people to Jesus (Engaging with His world).
R – releasing of children to use their spiritual gifts (Engaging with His people).
E – expectancy for God to move and work in lives.
- Have a time of worship;
- Give space for prayer… individual, group, child-led, adult-led;
- Include a time of reading God’s word and help children to apply it to their own personal lives;
- Recognise the importance of sharing news through testimonies;
- Encourage children to grow into a deep relationship with Jesus (with regular opportunities for children to respond to the gospel message);
- Take into account the different learning styles of all children so that all needs are met;
- Encourage good behaviour from all children;
- BE FUN!!!
- Be role models for the children throughout all aspects of the session and church life;
- Recognise the importance of their pastoral roles – listening to, supporting and spiritually encouraging God’s children;
- Be prepared to come out of their own comfort zones at times in order to be real with the children.
- Use positive methods of behaviour management to encourage good behaviour.
- Aspire to deepen their own relationship with God through regular study of the Word, prayer and worship.
- HAVE FUN!!!